The Covid-19

These have a been a very weird and difficult few weeks. But I am writing to you purely as a singer living in these times of probably what has been quite mind messing. So many questions, not many answers and keeping things simple is probably the safest things to do. 

There isn't many things I can say about the world and how everyone else is dealing with this pandemic, but what I can do is tell you (and also write this as a reminder to myself) of what life has been like for me during this pandemic! 


When we were told that we were going into lock down, I remember I had just got home from recording. It was the 16th of March and the family was sitting down to watch the announcement from the Prime Minister. Once he delivered the news of a 2 week lockdown beginning on the 18th, it took a while for me to process what that meant. My brother who is a lot more attuned to things than I am went right into it and broke it down for me, point by point, on what life was probably going to look like for the next few weeks. Me being the stubborn girl that I am believed it was a "let's wait and see" situation. He was right, of course, in all the precautions we were going to be making. 


The first week in quarantine got me active! Got me online a lot talking about the happenings around town and how we need to keep our optimism up and hearts open to whatever life was going to throw at us. Inside though, I was just trying not to think about anything other than getting through the days without panicking about what the future was going to bring. 


I think that's still my motto. 


I spent my days with family, I was lucky to have been around them during the lock down. I watched TV with my mother, did exercises with my brother and spent the evenings reading up on music giants that I never had the time to venture and learn about. I believe that was quite a highlight. 


The worries about what the Covid-19 has brought to my life still remains in my peripheral thoughts, whispering to me to leave behind the life I have known before. 


Before this when my days were just about going going going and listening and learning songs for shows and booking events and saving money and paying bills and recording albums, I did not have to worry about whether I was wasting my time because it felt more like I did not have any time left to waste anyway. But now that there is a lot of time and still much to do... my mind sometimes wanders to the "what if"s. 


All I can hope for is for the safety of everyone. Keeping myself and the people around me safe is my concern.. 

I hope to also get back to work soon. 

There is a tricky situation in there and I am still trying to work out the details and taking my time to come to terms to how my lie is about to change quite a bit professionally and personally. 


Taking deep breaths and trying really hard to be optimistic. 

stay safe guys, stay clean. 
dasha. 


No comments: