Foundation Foundation

Our second jam session kicked off rough, all thanks to yours truly not knowing how to CONFIRM A STUDIO! Ok self anger, aside, the amazing guys at Drum Asia managed to get us a space on the stage area. Yes, we had to cut down the jam session time from 3 hours to 2, but I was working with the best musicians so, 2 hours were plenty!

Ee Jeng got there early, so did I. Was I going to take advantage of the extra minutes I had with him to write something new! Hell yeah! #everyopportunity

yeah I am doing hashtags now. boom.

I had been working on a new song called Nice, got some help with the chords from a friend all the way in Australia (thank you, internet) and within 15 minutes, Ee Jeng and I had the song off and running and as Omar and Dave came in and set up, the song had a life of its own and within an hour we had most of everything we needed!

I know this is not news to musicians out there about what it takes to pull a song out of thin air, but I have been struggling. Especially since I have been writing on my own for years, only recently able to write things on a piano. It's my fauly; to let my pride lead me to where I am today. I could have always asked for help! Now that I have absolutely put that on the shelf, I am throwing "please" and "thank you"s out like candy! Or.. advice.

Anyway, 2 hours flew by and we had 1 new songs and re did the 3 from last week. Me, the person who thought she had plenty originals in the bag, realised that she has lots of originals yes... but all of them incomplete. I need to sit down and finish these songs! They all have really good ideas and hooks but they dont have a second verse and all the options out there doesn't help! Bridge? No Bridge? hook? How about some weird section that no one expects! Options options...

Oh well, once we were done, we packed up and headed for dinner together. I like this part of the evening, the part where I hear some of my friend ideas for the songs, ideas on what is going to happen with it next, what it could be called while we also catch up with other parts of our lives. I am lucky that I work with my friends for a living.


No comments: