A Key A Day

I have always believed in starting from the bottom.

And this bottom, I have visited many times.

Scales. 

That is the first thing all piano teachers and pianist say I should start with. This has of course been a topic of debate for a while, and yes I have picked up and started on the theory lessons (again for the 100th time) but I have always been excited for the moment I get to put my fingers on those black and white keys.

And so, from the bottom to the top. One scale at a time.

I have been learning the C Major Scale for 10 years. So I know that.

Yesterday was all about the D Major and E major scale.

D Major done. My only technique this time was doing it over and over, up and down, both hands, 10 times in a row perfectly, no breaks, with metronome. Not too shabby.

E major on the other hand (haha) was not so fun. Think I will keep this for another week when my fingers are a bit more warmed up.

F Major was today, and you have been a bit of a bitch.... but I got you in the end. The fingering (haha I always laugh at this, because I am immature sometimes) got me at first, then I got you back.

Today while watching a tutorial (those 10 minutes a day kind) I found myself mindlessly playing the F major scale. I realise muscle memory is the goal when it comes to practice. The more you get it right, the better you become at it.

Also this is the video I watched today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQ3ujNgBF4

Cuz he is also cute. And like most people, I need to be told what to do at first, and this guy tells me exactly what to do down to what to do with my phone. I like him.

Tomorrow... G major!

----

Shows this month : 13 (No Black Tie), 15 & 16 (No Black Tie), 20 (Le Noir), 23 (Suzie Wong)
Check out their website for more info!

No comments: