Private is the new Social

Social media has become so difficult. It use to be a platform to speak your mind and share ideas. Now it's an open writing ring and everyone wants to take a swing.

This is why I love blogs. Yes, I know I promised myself this blog would be professional only but before I was a full time singer, I spent a lot of my time writing blogs and poetry. Those days are long ago and far away but I'd like to bring that back.

Isnt it sad though how argumentative the world has become. And no one thinks before they speak or type or reply and oh so many severed ties and burnt bridges. This has also made people sensitive beyond measure. What is going on? 

Writing songs have also become a challenge. When writing "cleverly", it made me deliberate weather I was saying anything wrong or my message may be muddled or confused and people may take offence. The song is about how everybody lies. And if you have to lie, lie cleverly. 

"Leave your man" is easier. If he's a bad guy. And you know he's a bad guy. Or maybe not a bad guy, but a naughty one. Then leave him. 

But anyway the point of this post is to say I am going to open my mind and heart on this platform. I will of course think a thousand times before posting anything so if you are reading this, I meant you to. 


No comments: