In the Midst of it All

Tribute to Motown this month!
So........... I know I skipped the whole month of June.
Let's just call that the sad month. Let's just leave it at that.

To be honest, I don't actually have a reason to why I have failed my duties as a blog holder. I just pushed it aside day after day, thinking that no one actually reads my blog. Then I remembered my few readers that actually DO read my blog and thought, I should write for them.


And it's finally July! 

So for the beginning of this month, make your way down to CIRCUS in PAVILION on the 5th of July to catch me performing live with my boys! Show starts at 9:30pm. Dont forget to ask if you can stand at the bar if there are no seats left. They may say it's full and ask you to come back later, but there's no harm asking if you could just listen from the bar, or say you dont mind waiting inside for a little while. Something always opens up. OR you could call earlier and make a reservation at +60 3-2141 6151..

Last weeks show in Circus was mind blasting and I am so happy I got some parts of the show recorded and finally have my original tune "Cleverly" on video with a live band, and not just any band, but my selected favourites!!! They made the song mind blasting and took it out of this world, placed it amongst the stars and finally placed it back slowly on the ground, at the feet of our audience. I LOVED IT!!! I hope everyone else did too. Don't know when I will be performing the song again, but I sure will the next time I have this bunch with me on stage! =) bravo guys.

ANYWAY 

The weekend after brings a whole lot of fun, and I am not just saying this to promote the show! Well, I am, but I am telling you! IT is going to be amazing! We are going to be doing a Tribut to Motown! When I say "we" I mean my dear friend ROZZ and the amazing miss Shareen Ramli. We will be taking the stage on the 12th and 13th with No Black Tie being our gracious host!
For more infomation (and all the information you need!) visit : http://noblacktie.com.my/2013/06/07/motown-tribute-rozz-dasha-logan-shareen-ramli-jose-thomas-band/

Then just 2 weeks after, on the 25th I'll be popping by No Black Tie once again with my favourite Jazz boys (..men/uncle/boss/dude/bro/whatever they let me call them at the time), the Michael Veerapen trio!!!!! Hahaha I do love working with them. As serious at the music can get, it is also a lot of fun and laughs. This is of course after they come back from their traveling all around the world! Sheesh! ;p
For more information: http://noblacktie.com.my/2013/06/28/dasha-logan-michael-veerapen-trio/

This is where I take a short break and head home to my home town, get more of the travel things in order and all the other details I am going to have to take care off before the big moves that are coming my way.
In the past one month, a lot has happened, peeps. Maybe it's being in the middle of my 25th year alive, or living in Kuala Lumpur for nearly 3 years now.. it feels like my final exams are coming up and I have not studied nearly as much as I should have, and I wish upon wishes that I had just started a few years earlier!!!

I also have a new respect for musicians. I always have been amazed by those who have the ability to listen to a song and just know what the chords are, look at a chart and know just where their fingers are to go on their instrument, who can just transpose the key of the song as they go along. It's crazy!!!
But now, when I see them do it, I just go a little stunned at how amazingly smooth they do it!

I can not even master the regular C major chord and it's fingering and all I keep thinking is 123-1234-123-12345! My brain is boggled! So.. to every single one of you musicians out there, my hats off to you.

I must be honest, I am tired. Things seem to be going no where. They seem to be... But I know... deep down... I have to keep going.
I have to.

dasha

3 comments:

Penny S. said...

Hey Dasha ..... so looking forward to your Motown night with Rozz. I have missed you and you on stage. Your 'somewhere' will come soon. I believe in you and your path in music. Loves. Penny

ROZZ said...

looking forward to working with you again, rabbit.......

Penny S. said...

Hey Gorgeous! Waiting for more dates please. I wanna come see you perform. You were kicking at Motown night. Thank you Dasha. Loves.